Saturday, March 28, 2009

Today was quiet after a long time, took a day off for me from my life. Spent sometime becoming Jane, lost in a Victorian era where etiquette was important and men were charming, women beautiful and dainty. My thoughts ofcourse are colored by only what I see through the media. They sure paint it as a nice time to be in. Maybe I was alive then too, assuming rebirth exists. I want to believe rebirth exists, that we get more than one chance, unfortunately we don't carry our knowledge across lives so do we make the same mistakes every time? I wonder...! Went for a walk (was supposed to be a jog, but became a walk after a while), the sky was clear and the wind was dancing with the leaves. It was not a slow dance for sure. I wondered how many things the wind must have touched before it touched me. Does it take a part of us whenever it touches us with it and if it does, where does it go. Does it all accumulate somewhere where feelings, smells gather and blend into one across boundaries...countries.... religions.... species.... Sat on a swing, love how it swings....and makes u feel gravity, the funny feeling in the pit of the stomach.... reminds me of days when other kids pushed the swing and I detested being pushed way up high, was a bit scary. The typical pendulum serving not only in grandfather clocks but also to make kids giggle on the swing. I hope these simple things last time in today's commotion of video games and media. Sat by a pond and followed a tortoise with my eyes as it broke the surface of water every now and then and disappeared into it's depth, which only it can see. I was constrained by the medium to follow it under. Came home to realize it was time for Earth hour. Turned all the electricity based devices off. The house was dark and the usual hum of electronics was gone. All I heard was the breeze, birds, me breathing, an occasional "meow" from my cats. My eyes soon adjusted to the low light and then I wondered, why do we need so much light. Why do we have to see everything so clearly. Why can't things not be clear and we still be okay or comfortable. It is not like things are perfectly clear anyway, we just believe that it is so when there is light. We are fooled by our own habits. Saw my guitar in the corner so began strumming. Wish I could play more often, it feels nice. Remembered this band called Frames and a song "Falling Slowly". It played in my head so strong that I had to listen to it and figure it out. Evening has become night now, it started on the guitar ended up on the keyboard. Beautiful words, beautiful simple melody, no flats or sharps, just the ivory. Beautiful what dancing around on a few keys can do. 
Wide awake, should be sleeping....my 2 kitties are more creatures of habit, I am.....I dont know what I am. But why do we need to know. Its ok to not know. Its ok to be blurry, unclear. Its okay!
Tomorrow is another day.....

2 comments:

Random Walker said...

It is like a stream of consciousness with a feeling for loving living while caring, meditating, and cogitating about simple yet profound things...all the things that us feel ALIVE. A day condensed into a a can of tasty condensed milk with a sprinkle of saffron. You are perfectly capable of demonstrating that life is what we make it out to be.

BTW Happy 3rd Principessa.

Aakarsh said...

the lofty seduction of rebirth is always theree in human mind, because of the constant need( or can it be called greed) to have more 'Life'.I am neither denying its existence nor accepting it,but to think of it(thinking again pertains to this life), the concept or the attempt to comprehend rebirth is a meaningless exercise since every thought in that direction is from the frame and system of current birth. Life is a huge well and we are fish. We cannot know if there are more wells out there or not.

(everything written above could be wrong)

Looks like you have enjoyed the 'moments' rather than the 'day'. is there not so much energy held up in leading lives, that we seek to release it by stealing quiet moments with self and nature. Good for you that you identify the need to release it and are acting upon it. what about others?
u shld write more often.