Friday, November 13, 2009

Frost and I



Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

I find myself at these cross roads again

Maples on one and one with sand

One less unfamiliar than the other

each leading to a different future

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

Oh so lost is time to passing

everything is still

for want of the warmth of a touch

I lean towards the mighty reds

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

Treading through crossroads which come but once

never again shall I see

what promises hold and break

the path to a different me

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

A leaf or a flower

forms of life lie at the ends

No matter which path I choose

I shall fulfill my destiny

2 comments:

Random Walker said...

The poetic road traveled here is indeed a road less tread upon. The poetic form and the content mirror each other in theme and thought. Your words don't just run parallel to Frost's, they also create a parallel world that he thought was not possible to know directly. Bravo!

Aakarsh said...

The spirit of Frost,aptly frozen in this piece. Brilliant!