Robin Williams no more with us, today, he realized that his body and mind were not cooperating with him and he chose to free himself from the cage. I did not know him personally, but his work through his acting have given me many moments of joy, tears and took me to places I have never been. His work, laughter, humor seemed honest. Little did anyone know that deep inside he was in a very dark place. I realize that our demons get stronger when we let them stay inside and protect them with walls. Its when we accept them and let the walls down, is when the demons go away and some light comes in. Depression can be very difficult to deal with. I know one more person who is dealing with it at this moment, the hard part is the person does not even want to admit that they are depressed or need help. Questions of mortality have crossed my path several times this past year. You think some things can happen only to others but soon you are in their shoes and you see your near and dear ones suffer while all you can do is watch. Age takes a toll on all of us, mentally, emotionally, physically. I guess it all comes down to how you choose to live. Do you live focused on your suffering and afraid of relationships, people, places, new experiences, because familiar things are certain, or do you live life to the fullest, experience everything you can, unafraid and open to life and to love. Thats how Robin Williams probably was, or at least he portrayed that role well. I hope he is in a better place now that he is an I'm-mortal.
Image courtesy : Helena Wierzbicki

No comments:
Post a Comment