Wednesday, January 07, 2015

A reminder of loneliness

You wake up and the chores of the day loom ahead. Immediately you are on the job, getting things done, done this check...done that check....eat this....make that...go go go ...tick tock....time passes and the day comes to an end. You put your feet on the bed and wonder where the day went. Wonder if I sat down and smiled today, wonder if you had one sincere honest heart to heart conversation with anybody. Often the answer is no. The loneliness and silence of a busy life takes over. Even the folks you spoke to or connected with seem distant and it is too exhausting to label the emotion that overcomes you. It is not sadness or despair, it is just a realization....a reminder that you are alone in this. I looked for a conversation today but had a hard time finding one. Maybe I will have better luck tomorrow, maybe the clouds will part tomorrow and the world may not be as bleak as it seems in my mind at this time. Maybe....

No comments: