Monday, December 24, 2007

Mirror mirror on the wall.....

As always we look for answers in the exterior world as we know it but most answers we already know without even knowing. It is amazing when you realize that all this time you have been thinking that the reflection in the mirror is you but in reality it is what is inside you. When someone says "Look at me" they imply look into my eyes directly, it does not mean look at my exterior self, a part of my face or even my body. But it is into my eyes. Truly enough a window into the soul. Is that what is me. Even animals know when they want to convey something you look into the eyes. Who teaches that, what tells them to do that or tells us...the me who is me is in the eyes somewhere and not anywhere else. The body seems like a mere extension, a tool through which I can touch and move things around me, something I can use to voice my thoughts (although meaning diminished and lost in translation from thought to words). Something I can use to perceive and learn. But the real me is inside me....look into my eyes....An amazing realization indeed ......

4 comments:

Random Walker said...

Are the books you are reading now responsible for this? Or was it just a flash of insight...

whatever it is... MC Escher has more in his hands and so do you... happy learning!

Shweta said...

:) I would say flash of insight when I saw Ragz (my cat) talkin to me through his eyes and how he looked at me and let me know that he loves me....and he knew to look at me in my eyes to say that...even koko says things by looking into my eyes...its amazing...things cats can teach you..

Kamal said...

"How far are you from me, O Fruit?"

"I am hidden in your heart, O Flower."

-Tagore

Aakarsh said...

i didnt know your cat was named Ragz!!! hehehehe!!