Sunday, December 09, 2007

Expectations of normalcy

Everyone who fall under the normal umberella which I am sure are none...well lets say the ones who are supposed to be normal, they are held by such high standards of idealism and normalcy it is almost unbelievable. To the extent that the only thing one gets from those expectations is frustration and unhappiness. The expectations are restricting to the extent of suffocation. Sometimes I wish I was abnormal so that I could be allowed a bigger box to live in. Again abnormal being in the sense the world sees it. Though all of us are abnormal in one or the other way and need a bigger box to live in. But alas I am normal or so they think.

1 comment:

S said...

This post has a flavor reminiscent of parental and societal pressures to confirm to certain norms and customs vis-a-vis marriage. Sorry about the blatant, uninvited guess. I hope I am wrong.