Why is it today that when we take life, it is justified or needs to be justified by a religious reason or a man-made law?? Why isnt it obvious to us that taking life or killing something is wrong, have we lost our conscience and rely only on what religious books tell us or we let the government or society dictate what is right or wrong. If the society puts a price of million dollars on some body part of an animal, it is ok to kill it, I wont feel bad. Is our conscience so dead so dependent on what we are told. Why are we so blind today? Where is the guilt when we take a life? We somehow have developed lifestyles where we surround ourselves and take pride in keeping things made from dead life forms. Wood, ivory, leather, etc. If I dont ask where it came from, I am fine. As long as I didnt have to kill it and skin it and see it bleed to death, and then make a shoe out of it. It is ok. I will let someone else do the dirty work and pay them, I will just hold the shoe and see how well it goes with this dress I bought! How blind are we. We make all these laws to say whaling is bad and then also put a law out there to say you can kill 900 whales a year for research though. So sure who will stop....it is a million dollar industry. We give dead things more value than when they are alive. An alligator has more value dead than alive, a tree has more value dead than alive, a bear has more value dead than alive, you name it and we have killed it....either for its brain for black magic or for its skin for how soft it feels on my skin. It is just awful what we have become and we should drown in shame someday if we ever realized how little value we give to the real treasure we have been given. A treasure of diversity, a treasure of the miracle of life itself in its many colors and forms, each playing their part in this delicate circle of life. Oh I dont care as long as I get my things the way I want and as long as my religion and law which man makes says its ok. Wake up and see what is the true treasure. Things are more amazing when alive, they are beautiful and thriving. I hope we realize this before it is too late or is it already too late! Are we irreversibly blind now, blinded by this thing we give value called money. There is an old saying....Love makes the world go round....it is soo not true today.....today money makes the world go round.....ofcourse world encompassing only that which comprises of man. Other beings are bereft of this and better off without it. They live an innocent simple life, which is how life had started and was meant to be. Simple and beautiful. I feel ashamed to be a part of this human race. When will we stop lying and use our conscience to make a decision. Is killing good or bad, today is decided by diplomatic relations. Why is it a question? Isnt it obvious.
Examples of our handy work which we support as consumers.....
These are just a few sites I just found at first shot which illustrate my point. We love things more when they are dead than alive.
What have we become!
2 comments:
anguish and anger
are what i feel,
when the real monster is freed.
is there a bound for our greed?
shouldn't it be the killed
and not the killer...?
Man takes his superiority far too seriously.There is one saying by Kahlil Gibran: "When man kills a tiger, he calls it sport. When a tiger kills a man, he calls it brutal ferocity".
It says it all. We have always thought and allowed ourselves to be placed at highest level in this existence.But in reality, we de-evolved, in many things.
I am glad..that some souls are still breathing conscience, you being one among them.
Post a Comment