Lets define a term before we begin : imagine a radius around you within which you spend most of your life, in miles or km. Lets call a circle with this radius, "the circle of life", "the circle of your life". Now imagine how this circle of your life will change if we had no gasoline. Cars would rust in garages, whatever gas reserves remain are so expensive only the reach can afford to own and drive cars. Regular people revert back to trying to live within walking distance. Most are forced to begin growing food to survive. People who own land and can grow food are considered "rich". People begin to find jobs within walking distance and begin to find a life that is sustainable within a few miles. Hold on, we were there a few years ago, then came gas and everything spun out of control. Remind you of something? Its like the deviation that occurs in a system, any system.
A small noise blip if you will that happens when you are sensing the signal from any system. All systems have a deviation about an equilibrium position and what we are experiencing now is but a blip. Will it throw us off balance completely, I dont think so. Life has a way of surviving and as long as we are willing to adapt we will survive. Unfortunately it takes drastic things to get our entire species to think differently. Its like trying to move a huge organism consisting of 6 billion entities in a different direction. Sure it needs a bigger driving force. The life span of a human is but a blip in this entire scheme of evolution. The emotion/troubles/pain/thought in this moment of one human is a blip within a blip within a blip within a blip... super insignificant. Hence....special. Dont waste it on things you dont think deserve this blip. Life has a way of working things out and it will always try to push deviations back to a sustainable, longer lasting condition. Gasoline and the consequential increase in our circle of life is but a blip. Global warming and species going extinct and reviving is a blip. We cannot control it and should not try.
If you ever tried to manually control a process by turning a knob and waiting for a response, you know what I am talking about. Too much tweaking can only lead to more deviation, just let the system be and it will find its equilibirum, more stable and sustainable.
(Smile) I am not worried that I was 20 min late to work today. Its fine, everything is fine as long as I know that I spent the blip within a blip within a blip...on something worthwhile. (Smile)
A small noise blip if you will that happens when you are sensing the signal from any system. All systems have a deviation about an equilibrium position and what we are experiencing now is but a blip. Will it throw us off balance completely, I dont think so. Life has a way of surviving and as long as we are willing to adapt we will survive. Unfortunately it takes drastic things to get our entire species to think differently. Its like trying to move a huge organism consisting of 6 billion entities in a different direction. Sure it needs a bigger driving force. The life span of a human is but a blip in this entire scheme of evolution. The emotion/troubles/pain/thought in this moment of one human is a blip within a blip within a blip within a blip... super insignificant. Hence....special. Dont waste it on things you dont think deserve this blip. Life has a way of working things out and it will always try to push deviations back to a sustainable, longer lasting condition. Gasoline and the consequential increase in our circle of life is but a blip. Global warming and species going extinct and reviving is a blip. We cannot control it and should not try.If you ever tried to manually control a process by turning a knob and waiting for a response, you know what I am talking about. Too much tweaking can only lead to more deviation, just let the system be and it will find its equilibirum, more stable and sustainable.
(Smile) I am not worried that I was 20 min late to work today. Its fine, everything is fine as long as I know that I spent the blip within a blip within a blip...on something worthwhile. (Smile)
2 comments:
i liked the article so much bhabs.....now i know iam a blip in a blip in a blip.................in a blip, hence am special - I mean it. I see a wanderer in u and can relate to how i think a few times - used to fondly call that self of mine ' wandering monk', u r one too!!
Good one! and absolutely relatable :-)
Post a Comment