
I was walking along trying to keep up with space flying by
me. Events, people, emotions all were fleeting. I desperately tried to slow it
down…knowing I was missing the moment, no sooner did I catch up with it, it had
passed and I had to move on. Chasing had become the norm, so much so that when
time did slow down, I was wondering what to do with the extra time. During such
a moment, which was flying by me, I found myself walking through an airport. It
was filled with people, people with a purpose, a purpose to get to where they
wanted to get to. Wait…let me rephrase that, a purpose to get to where they
were heading, not necessarily a place where they wanted to go. I was heading
home after having met some friends. Airports always make me contemplative.
Strange folks everywhere, each one going through their own lives and yet
everyone is connected by being at the same place at that time and there is a
smile here and a smile there, an eye contact, a conversation. All these
possibilities with complete and total strangers. Trust me those are the best
conversations, when there is nothing expected in the future nor any history to
fall back on. But just you and me here and now. Its simple, beautiful ….. human!
So here I was lost in thought and walking, when suddenly I
heard time slow down. This person in white with long hair in the middle of the
airport stood swaying in a corner. In his hand was a violin and an amplifier by
his feet. The music from him slowed everything down. Slowed the people, no one
could but slow down their pace and smile at him. Some stopped completely
mesmerized. Scientists have tried to slow down time, wait lets start with the
fundamentals, they try to define time. Well its relative in simple words. They
try to work with lasers and quantum particles and try to slow it down. Oh well,
here it was. It was as slow as a still steady stream in the middle of a
bustling airport. The air was filled with music that could carry you anywhere
you wanted to go, it excited the creative and human side in whoever it touched.
Music has the power to create and slow down time. I had found my way to put on
the brakes on a fast paced life. Thank you, I could breathe again!
1 comment:
Beautifully written and perfectly captures those few moments at the airport...
Post a Comment